Monday, November 14, 2005

A little culture

We didnt make the Fiesta, we were sidetracked acquiring a tuxedo for the ball. Yes on Friday the wife and I are attending a charity ball in aid of the spinal unit at a local hospital. This is no slack afffair. We are being wined & dined at the Hilton hotel in the centre of Sydney. I will be wearing a full on tuxedo and looking cool (and probably drunk) while the wife will be wearing a designer black dress she found in a boutique (of course) shop in Paddington. But this is not the culture i was refering to.

Not many (if any) will know that my stepfather is (in his spare time) a poet. It was the anniversary of the Blitz on coventry last week and Martin read one of his poems on the radio. For those of you interested in that kind of thing the link is below.

Martin Brown

7 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kelly O said...

We will need to see a photo of you and your lovely wife all dresses up to go to the ball. Paul and I have a fancy do this weekend too, no tuxedo but I am thinking of buying him a new suit for an early Chirstmas gift.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Kelly O said...

I just followed the link and think that is very cool.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Keeefer said...

New suits are always good. I love suit shopping. I think its the only time that us guys actually get proper assistance in a shop. I will ensure there are photos of the general mayhem and debauchery. Glad you liked the link, Martin is pretty talented and is slowly becoming more recognised with several poems now in print and the runner up for Coventrys (my home town) poet Laureat this year.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Lever said...

Ah dude... yeah, photos, do it. Before & After.

I'll check the link later, I aint got realplayer on the desktop...

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger rebekah said...

yes picture now picture now!

i will follow that link later i like poems

i like you

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Keeefer said...

I will get some photos for you all (even some of the nurses and surgeons if you're lucky).

Reb i like you too. If you lived closer id pop over to hold wheelchair races down the hospital corridors.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger BeckyBumbleFuck said...

I liked the poem, and the burning effects. Neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home